Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reactions to the F-Word Article and of course the Pictures

Hallo zusammen!
Ich muss sagen, es freut mich sehr, dass mein Artikel von so vielen Leuten gelesen wurde. Das Echo war (für meine bescheidenen Verhältnisse) groß. Da der Artikel vo mir (und anderen) auch auf anderen Seiten verlinkt wurde, fand natürlich nicht jeder Kommentar dazu seinen Weg hier her. Zudem habe ich natürlich auch Mails von einigen Bloglesern erhalten.
Insgesamt war aber sehr viel Interessantes dabei, so dass ich all die unterschiedlichen Meinungen hier noch einmal zusammenfassen möchte. Alle direkten Kommentare habe ich weggelassen, da ihr sie ja in meinem letzten Blogeintrag lesen könnt. Zum Übersetzen hatte ich auch nicht so viel Lust, da ich die Kommentare nicht verfälschen wollte. Zudem sind sie auch recht leicht zu verstehen. Und wie verlangt habe ich heute für euch auch die Bilder, die meinen Artikel zieren in hoher Auflösung....

Hi my dear friends!
I feel very happy, because so many read my article about the term "foot-fetish". I also was surprised to get so many reactions. Because of the fact that there were links to my article on other internet sites, not every comment found its way directly to my blog. And of course I got some emails too.
Many things were interesting to read, so I want to recap all those opinions. I did not include the comments you wrote here on the blog, because I think you have read them all. And, as most desired the pictures that illustrated my article in high resolution....




Also erst einmal muss ich sagen, dass mein Artikel durchwegs positiv aufgenommen wurde.  Also das freut mich natürlich besonders.  Es hat mich aber auch überrascht, da ich damit eigentlich überhaupt nicht gerechnet hatte.
Hier ein paar Beispiele:

First of all I have to say that my article produced overall very positive reactions. I am happy about that, because often some people misunderstand me. I was really surprised.
Here are some examples:

…really good article, it’s very refreshing to get a female prospective.”

“You are absolutely right! the word fetish immediately makes you think of creepy stuff, not the innocence of foot worshiping…”


“…the F word got to go.I’m a FOOTGUY!!!”


“I’m against the F word.We are Feet People!”


„Du hast recht. Das Wort 'Fetisch' klingt natürlich schon hart...
"Fußliebhaber", oder wie es der eine User in Deinem Blog schrieb "Fußfaible", klingt natürlich schöner und drängt einen nicht gleich in die Schmuddelecke.“

[You are right. The term fetish sounds too strong. „footlover“ or „footfaible“, like a user wrote on your blog sounds more nice.]

„Geht mir auch so dass dieses Wort Fetisch mir manchmal echt auf die Nerven geht. Nicht nur beim Thema Füße.“
[I think the same way. The word fetish sometimes really annoys me. Not only when it refers to feet]


“I agree. My love of feet is not the only thing I enjoy about a woman. A nice pair of feet needs to be attached to some great legs and a nice butt


 --------------------------------------------
 
Natürlich gab es auch Personen, die sich mit dem Wort “Fußfetisch” stärker befasst haben und es gar nicht so negativ sehen.  Gerade diese Reaktionen empfand ich als äußerst interessant,  da ich diesen Begriff in meinem Artikel etwas engstirnig behandelt hatte.

And of course there were some who thought a bit more about the term "foot fetish" and who said that this term is not that negative as many people think. These comments were very interesting for me, because my article was a bit one-sided.

“My dictionary says that a fetish is "a form of sexual desire in which gratification is linked, to an abnormal degree, to a particular object, item of clothing, part of the body etc." As far as I know, a fetishist can be aroused by more than just his/her fetish.”

“I pretty much agree with everything you have said. I don't think it's correct to call the people, who just find women's feet beautiful, fetishists.
However, most of the people, who like feet, are not simple aesthetes, who just appreciate the beauty of the woman's foot... For an enormous number of people, feet are not just a beautiful body part, feet are a very sexual body part... Yes, there are people, who like breasts, bottoms, legs, etc...
But it would be hard to find people, who masturbate over just pictures of bottoms and lips, or eyes... It would be hard to find people, for whom watching a picture of a girl's butt is enough to reach an orgasm.”

“Fetish - originally - is not a word with a negative denotation. It expresses deep sexual, artistic, and visual interest in a certain body part or clothing WITHOUT losing that same interest of the "traditional" way.”


„Man hört immer mehr und mehr in den Medien von dem bösen F-Wort, aber meist
nur in den extremen bzw. für Dritte vollkommen unverständlichen Weise. Das Problem liegt einfach darin das nicht genug Aufklärung herrscht.“
[More often you can hear something about the bad F-Word. Most of the time in extreme ways or completely not understandable for people who heard about people who love feet.  There is too less education about that.]

“I love beautiful feet, of course I love a beautiful women and their sexy bodies. But a woman could be how sexy, if her feet are not as sexy, it’s such a colossal disappointment. The need to be around and to touch beautiful feet is constant and unending, so again my question is what am I?”

 -----------------------------------
Am aller häufigsten wurde aber natürlich die Frage gestellt, welchen Begriff man denn dann  verwenden soll? Ich weiß es auch nicht so genau. Ein paar Vorschläge haben mir gefallen, andere wiederum nicht. Hier ist mal eine kleine Auswahl:

But most people asked what term they should use instead? Especially in English I really can say that I would favorite a special term. Some suggestions were good, some were not so good. Here are some examples:

 “feet enthusiast, feet people, footlover, Fußliebhaber, Fußfaible,…”

Wenn ihr weitere Vorschläge habt, dann postet sie doch in die Comments. Wie ihr gesehen habt, habe ich jetzt auch nicht alle Statements kommentiert. Was sagt ihr zu den Reaktionen oder den Kommtaren zu meinem letzten Blogeintrag?

If you have more suggestions post them in the comments. As you have seen I left all those statements uncommented. But I am very interested in your opinions to those reactions and to the comments posted before on my article!

 -------------------------------------------
Und hier nun noch die Bilder:
And here the pictures as promised:

   



      


Bevor ich es vergesse. Da war noch ein Kommentar, der mir sehr gefallen hat:
Bevor I forget it, there was a comment I really enjoyed:

Ich musste übrigens schmunzeln, als ich deinen Kommentar gelesen habe, weil mir gerade einigen Situationen durch den Kopf gingen, in denen ich den Satz sagte: "Ja, ich habe einen Fußfetisch" ihn immer damit relativiert habe: "aber ich stehe natürlich auch auf andere Körperteile einer Frau und nicht nur ausschliesslich auf ihre Füße". Schon lustig, oder?

[I had to smile while I was reading your article, because I had to think about some situations I which I said:"Yes, I have a footfetish". And I always had to soft it down by adding:"...but I also like other parts of the female body aswell. Not only the feet." Funny, isn't it?]